Termination and moving out
- You have to give a minimum of two months notice. Your notice period is calculated from the day you terminate your housing contract and two months ahead. You can choose a later termination date as well, if you wish. You terminate your contract from "My page" on bolig.sit.no.
- Your last invoice will be calculated from the exact number of days your housing contract is valid.
- Return keys no later than 8 a.m. on the morning after your contract ends. If you wish to return them outside normal opening hours, you can use the slot on the wall next to the entrance to the reception. NB! Tenants at Rosenborg student village must return the key to the reception at Trondheim Vandrerhjem.
Mandatory move-out check
To make sure that you know what Sit expects from cleaning before moving out, we carry out a mandatory move-out check with you. This check is free and is performed on weekdays between 08:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. You book this check in "My page" at bolig.sit.no when you terminate your contract.
This is how a move-out check takes place
- You clean the housing before we arrive - place the belongings in the middle of the room so that we can easily check the cleaning. (If you are already ready to move out, you can move out your belongings in advance).
- We review your housing and associated common areas together and agree on what is good and if anything needs to be improved.
- After the move-out check, you will receive a written report by e-mail stating whether everything is in order or if something needs to be corrected.
- If something is not approved, you get the opportunity to correct it before moving out. This may mean that you do not have to pay for Sit to carry out extra cleaning after you have moved out.
- If the cleaning of the housing has been approved and you are ready to move out, you can deliver the key to the cleaner or you can choose to deliver it in the key slot outside the reception in Frode Rinnans veg 1 by the end of tyour contract.
Cleaning check after moving out
After you have moved out of your housing, Sit will carry out a cleaning check of the dormitory and common areas/apartment. If it has not been properly cleaned (ref. report from move-out check), Sit will carry out the necessary cleaning, and you who have moved out will be charged for this, according to the current price list.