We want you to have best training experience possible at our gyms, and therefore ask everyone to be respectful of their fellow “workout mates”. Together, we’ll be able to create a great and healthy training environment.
- As a member, you are obliged to stay informed and comply with the terms and guidelines which apply for all our facilities.
- Any person who does not comply with the terms and guidelines may be ejected from, or denied access to our gyms. We also remain the right of terminating your membership if the non-compliance is serious.
- All training takes place at your own risk.
Training during COVID-19
We are following the recommendations from the health department, and hope that you will contribute by following the guidelines we have set for our activities and training facilities.
It’s important that you as a member take an active role and help us create a safe and good training environment. We encourage you to take responsibility and adhere to the following guidelines when you are exercising at one of our fitness and sport centres:
- At each visit, you need to tap your card on the card reader in the reception area, or at the front door.
- Please be mindful of your fellow workout mates! Keep 2-meters distance during both low-intensity and high-intensity workouts.
- Please stay at home if you are feeling ill or have a cold.
- Thoroughly wash your hands – before, under and after the workout.
- Clean surfaces and any equipment which has been used during the workout.
- When you cough or sneeze, do so into your elbow or use a paper tissue.
- Wear clean workout clothes and bring a clean towel when exercising.
- Clean your mobile phone, drinking bottle and fitness tracker – both before and after your workout.
- Avoid body contact with other members who are not from the same household as yourself.
Infection control measures at our fitness and sports facilities
Your safety is very important to us! We have therefore put in place several infection control measure to ensure a good and safe training environment:
- Increased staffing at all our facilities.
- Increased cleaning both in scope and frequency – with special focus on cleaning high-touch surfaces and training equipment.
- Disinfection and sanitation stations are easily accessible at the entrance and several areas inside our fitness and sports centres.
- Soap and paper dispensers installed at all previous drinking stations, making them accessible for hand washing.
- Reduced the number of participants on our group classes and training facilities to ensure that appropriate distance requirements are met.
- Longer breaks between our group classes to ensure good cleaning of the hall and equipment used in the session.
- All our employees have completed training in new infection prevention routines.
- We facilitate good distance between training stations where high intensity activity is carried out, including clear floor markings.
- The climbing wall at the Dragvoll sports center and the bouldering room at Gløshaugen sports center are closed until further notice.
Book your place at the gym
All members must book a time slot to work out at our gyms and sports centres. Read more about how to book a time slot and the booking rules.
Membership and access to the gyms
What does it imply to be a member?
When you buy one of our memberships, you’ll get access to all our gyms.
Who can buy a membership?
- All students who have paid the semester fee to a student welfare organisation in Norway.
- Employees at educational institutions affiliated with Sit, in addition to employees at SINTEF.
- Alumni who’ve had a gym membership with us the previous year/semester.
- Partner/spouse of a student/employee who has an active gym membership with us.
What’s the age limit for becoming a member?
You have to be 16 years old or older to buy one of our memberships. If you are between 13 and 16 years old, you can access the gyms by buying a daily pass for 150 NOK. All junior members must be accompanied by an adult member who is their parent or legal guardian.
How do I access the gyms?
- The first time you are going to the gym after purchasing a membership, you need to get a receptionist to activate a membership card for admission. If you are a student, you have to show a valid student ID in order to activate your membership card.
- If you are a student or employee at NTNU, you can use your NTNU-card to access the gyms. All other members get their own membership card.
- At each visit, you need to tap your card on the card reader in the reception area, or at the front door at our no-frills gyms.
- If you lose or damage the card, it will be blocked. We activate new NTNU-cards for free, while there is a fee of 100 NOK for replacing a lost or damaged membership card.
What happens if I lend my membership card to others?
Your card and membership are personal, and can't be used by others.
If the membership card is misused, your membership will be suspended for 14 days. If you want to exercise during this period, you must buy a daily pass for each time. To reactivate your membership after 14 days, you’ll have to pay a fee of 100 NOK.
I forgot my membership card; can I access the gym anyways?
Yes, you can access the gyms with a reception if you have proof of ID with you. If you forget your membership card more than two times in a row, you must buy a daily pass in order to access the gym.
Do you offer free trials?
No, we don’t have free trial passes. Throughout the year we have several campaigns with periods of free training. If you want to try out our training offer outside these campaigns, we recommend buying a daily pass for 100 NOK for students/employees or 150 NOK for others. Contact one of our receptions if this is something you’d like to buy.
How much do I pay when becoming a member?
Membership with a monthly direct debit (AvtaleGiro)
If you have chosen a membership with a monthly direct debit (AvtaleGiro), you pay for the remaining days of the current month, the entire next month and a sign-up fee of 50 NOK when you purchase the membership. After this, you pay a fixed monthly price.
If you have chosen the most affordable direct debit membership with a fixed term (12-months), membership at your University’s sports association is included in the price (this applies to NTNU-students and employees, or DMMH-students). You’ll also receive an additional invoice of NOK 50 each year, in January. This sports contingent goes directly to the sports associations of the Universities we collaborate with (NTNUI, DMMHI and NTNU BIL).
Please note! If you don't pay the annual sports contingency, your membership will be transferred to a membership contract with a higher monthly price (e.g. our memberships without a fixed term).
Pre-paid cash membership
If you have chosen a pre-paid cash membership, the entire amount for the chosen period is paid in one transaction when registering.
How do I pay for the membership?
Monthly direct debit (AvtaleGiro)
If you have a Norwegian bank account and are 18 years or older, our memberships can be paid via a monthly direct debit (AvtaleGiro). You can activate your monthly direct debit at any time by clicking the button “Activate AvtaleGiro” under “My Page” on sit.no, on the training page on sit.no or directly in your online bank.
Pre-paid cash memberships
We offer a small number of pre-paid cash memberships online for international students; 6-months and 1-month. For a pre-paid cash membership, the member must pay the entire amount for the chosen period in one transaction when registering.
What’s a monthly direct debit (AvtaleGiro)?
AvtaleGiro, also known as a monthly direct debit, is a payment agreement between you and your bank. With a monthly direct debit, you’re automatically deducted for your membership every month from your bank account. The due date for the payment is the 20th of each month.
To set up a monthly direct debit (AvtaleGiro) you must have a Norwegian bank account and be 18 years old or older.
How do I activate a monthly direct debit (AvtaleGiro)?
The fastest way to activate a monthly direct debit is when you buy a membership online. Click on the button “Activate AvtaleGiro”. Remember to have your BankID available, and to set a high enough withdrawal limit. We recommend a withdrawal limit of 2000-3000 NOK, so that you have the opportunity to add additional products later without receiving an additional invoice for this. Sit will only deduct the agreed monthly amount.
If you want to activate the agreement after you buy your membership, this can be done via “My page”. Click on the button “Activate AvtaleGiro”. Once you’ve entered your account information, it will take approximately 3 days before the payment agreement is activated.
You can also activate a monthly direct debit via your online banking service. This can be done when you receive your first invoice. Fill in the KID- and account number stated on your invoice.
If you need help setting up monthly direct debit, look at your bank's frequently asked questions page or contact your bank for assistance.
What’s the account number I should use?
The correct account number can be found on the last invoice you received. Please note! A payment must contain the correct KID-number to be linked to your invoices.
Where can I find my KID-number?
You can find your KID-number on the last invoice you received. If you can’t find the agreement or the invoice please stop by one of our staffed receptions or send us and email at [email protected].
Why do I receive an invoice with an invoice fee when I have set up a monthly direct debit?
You’ve created the agreement to close to the due/deduction date.
Our system is updated every weekday with the latest status from the banking system, and the direct debit authorization must be approved by us for invoicing that takes place 14 days before the due date in order for you to receive an invoice as a direct debit deduction.
In other words, your monthly direct debit must be created and must be active no later than 14 days before the due date for the bank to be able to treat it as a monthly direct debit deduction. Because the due date is the 20th of each month, this means that your monthly direct debit must be active no later than the 6th in order for the bank to be able to treat this as a monthly direct debit withdrawal. It takes 2-3 days from you approve the agreement until it becomes active.
Why haven’t my monthly direct debit been activated (AvtaleGiro)?
Your responsible for setting up a monthly direct debit (AvtaleGiro) and ensuring that the agreement is active. If you have done this, there may be several reasons why the monthly direct debit has not been activated:
I recently created a monthly direct debit:
It will take a few days before the monthly direct debit is set up and activated.
I created a fixed payment agreement instead of a monthly direct debit:
A fixed payment is not the same as a monthly direct debit. By entering a fixed payment agreement, you’ll be invoiced via invoice, which includes an invoice fee.
There is already a monthly direct debit in my online bank (for example if you have been a member earlier):
If you have a monthly direct debit with us already, a new direct debit agreement won’t be activated until the old one is deleted. Please note! Once you’ve deleted the old one, you’ll have to wait 2 days until you can create a new agreement, so that the old one doesn’t get reactivated.
Another person owns the account number I provided:
For the direct debit agreement to be activated, the account owner must sign it with his/her bankID.
I can’t find my invoice
Invoices are sent to you digitally via Digipost. If you don’t have a DigiPost account, you’ll receive the invoice by e-mail (the e-mail you provided when creating a membership, check My Page at sit.no) or as standard post.
I have changed banks, what do I do with the monthly direct debit?
Create a new direct debit agreement with your new bank. The old agreement will then be deleted, and the new agreement will be linked to your membership.
What happens to my membership if I forget to pay?
If you have an unpaid invoice that you cannot find, you’ll receive a reminder by SMS with the payment info, 8 days after the due date.
If the invoice is still unpaid 14 days after the due date, our payment provider Remind AS will send you a reminder/collection notice with a reminder fee. This can be paid using your online banking service or by using the payment portal at www.remind.no. Here you can pay with Vipps or a debit card.
Should you have accumulated 5 outstanding invoices, we will have to terminate your membership.
Do I have to renew my monthly direct debit membership after 12 months?
No, the membership contract renews itself automatically, one month at a time after the fixed term is completed, if you haven’t asked for a termination of your membership.
Freeze and termination of memership
Freeze and termination of memberships only apply for members with a monthly direct debit (AvtaleGiro) contract. Prepaid memberships cannot be frozen or terminated.
What’s membership freeze?
Freezing your membership is an opportunity to take a temporary break for a period without paying the ordinary membership fee. All memberships can only be frozen for whole months, from date to date, for example from June 15th until July 15th. The memberships can be frozen from the following day or at a later date.
Example: if you want to freeze your membership from 10th of April 2021 to 10th of May 2021, you need to give us notice at least one day before: on 9th of April 2021. Your gym membership will then be frozen within the date range you’ve requested, and invoicing will be postponed by 1 month. On 9th of April 2021, the invoice and deduction have already been created for the month of April, so you will still be deducted the monthly amount on April 20th as usual, but the invoice for the following month will be postponed.
How do I freeze my membership?
Freezing a membership can be done by sending an e-mail to [email protected] or by visiting the reception at one of our staffed fitness- and sports clubs. If you want help by e-mail, you must account for at least five working days before the membership can be frozen.
For how long can I freeze my membership?
If you have a monthly direct debit membership with a fixed term, you can freeze your membership for up to two (2) months during the first year of the fixed term. Please note that the fixed term will be moved forward as many months as you freeze. If you have a monthly direct debit without a fixed term, you can freeze your membership one (1) month per calendar year.
Can I freeze my membership for a longer period?
Yes, you can freeze your membership for up to a year if you can provide a valid reason (for example; exchange, placement, military service or medical certificate). Please send us an e-mail at [email protected] and attach your documentation on why you need to freeze your membership for longer period of time. Note that it is only possible to freeze entire calendar months.
How do I terminate my membership?
You can terminate your membership by sending us an e-mail at [email protected] or by visiting the reception at one of our staffed fitness- and sports clubs.
How long does the termination period last?
All memberships, except for the pre-paid cash memberships, continue until termination of the membership is correctly registered. The notice period is one (1) month, starting from the first month after the termination notice was received.
For example: if you terminate your membership in May, you must also pay the invoice for June.
If you have a monthly direct debit membership with a fixed term, you must be a member for minimum 12 paying months before you can terminate your contract. After the fixed term, the membership will continue until you terminate it.
Hygiene and cleaning guidelines
- Always wipe down the gym equipment after use. You can find stations with spray bottles and paper towels in all our facilities.
- Please ensure that you tidy and put equipment and weights back after use.
- Wear clean gym shoes that doesn’t swell. Training in socks is allowed, but for hygienic reasons it is not allowed to exercise in the barefoot.
- We encourage our members to wear clean gym clothes and t-shirts that cover the abdomen and back. Please bring a towel.
- You may only use water-based handball adhesives or spray adhesives in our sports halls.
Lockers and forgotten belongings
- Our lockers may only be used to keep your belongings during your workout in the day/evening. All lockers will be emptied after closing time. Any belongings will be removed and kept in the reception area.
- Forgotten belongings will be emptied every Friday. Valuables are stored for longer, contact the reception if you miss something.
- You can use a private lock or your membership card (only at Gløshaugen sports centre) to lock in your belongings.
Booking rules for classes, squash, training advise sessions etc.
With an active membership you can book group classes, training advise- and PT-sessions, sports halls or squash courts.
You can find more information about how the booking system works, how to book and cancel within the timeframe set, the waiting list system, and what happens if you fail to attend a class.
We want all our members to be part of a safe and doping-free environment. The points below apply to everyone who buys a membership, daily pass or guest pass with regards to campaign periods.
Are you a student and have a membership with us? Then, you can workout for free at various student welfare organisations’ sport- and fitness centres across Norway. Read more about the agreement here.