Membership terms and guidelines
We want you to have a good training experience with us, and therefore kindly ask you to be mindful of your fellow workout mates and actively participate in order to create a good and healthy training enviornment!
- Your duty as a member is to follow and adhere to the rules and regulations of our fitness and sports facilities.
- We reserve the right to exclude persons who do not follow the rules. In the event of a breach of conduct, we remain the right to terminate your membership contract with immediate effect, without the obligation to refund the paid membership fee.
- We reserve the right to adjust our opening hours and the access to our facilities to ensure good quality of cleaning and operations, as well as make seasonal adjustments. In special cases, some centres may be kept closed for a shorter period of time.
- All training takes place at your own risk.
- You can find the general terms and conditions for a Sit Trening gym membership here.
TRENING Membership and access card
Who can buy a membership at Sit Trening?
- All students who have paid the semester fee to a student welfare organisation in Norway.
- Employees at educational institutions affiliated with Sit, in addition to employees at SINTEF.
- Alumni who have had a gym membership with us the previous year/semester.
- Partner/spouse of a student/employee who has an active gym membership with us.
What's the age limit for becoming a member?
- You have to be 16 years old or older to buy one of our memberships.
- If you are between 13 and 16 years old, you can access the gyms by buying an external daily pass.
Can I get a free trial?
- At the beginning of each semester we offer free trials. This means you can visit us for free in August, September and January. One free trial per person only.
- If you want to try out our training offer outside these campaign periods, we recommend buying a daily pass for 100 NOK for students or 150 NOK for others. Contact one of our receptions if this is something you’d like to buy.
How do I get access to the training facilities?
- To access our training facilities you need to have an active gym membership with us.
- Employees and students at NTNU can use their NTNU-card to access the fitness and sports centers. All other members get their own Sit-membership card.
- Your membership card must be activitated the first time you visit one of our facilities. This can be done at one of our staffed fitness and sports centers. Bring your card and contact the receptionist when you arrive.
- At each visit, you need to tap your card on the card reader in the reception area, or at the front door at our "no-frills" fitness studios.
- If you lose or damage the card, it will be blocked. We activate new NTNU-cards for free, while there is a fee of 100 NOK for replacing a lost or damaged Sit-membership card.
What happens if I lend my membership card to others?
- Your card and membership are personal, and can't be used by others.
- If the membership card is misused, your membership will be suspended for 14 days. If you want to exercise during this period, you must buy a daily pass for each time. To reactivate your membership after 14 days, you’ll have to pay a fee of 100 NOK.
I forgot my membership card; can I work out anyways?
- Yes, you can access the fitness and sports centres with a reception if you have proof of ID with you.
- If you forget your membership card more than two times in a row, you must buy a daily pass the third time in order to access the training facilities.
TRENING Sign up and payment of membership
How do I become a member?
- The easiest way to become a member is by creating a user on sit.no and by clicking the button "buy gym membership" and select the membership you want.
- Follow the instructions on this page.
What is the difference between monthly and pre-paid cash memberships?
We offer monthly (direct debit) memberships, with and without a fixed term. As well as a limited amount of pre-paid cash memberships. Please see the prices for our memberships here.
Monthly direct debit (AvtaleGiro) with/without a fixed term
- The monthly memberships are based upon a direct debit, also known as AvtaleGiro, as a payment method. This means that an invoice automatically will be sent to you or through your direct debit contract at your bank once a month.
- The monthly memberships will automatically renew itself every month, until you actively terminate your membership. Read more about termination of memberships further down the page.
- Monthly memberships are valid throughout entire calendar months, from the 1st and until the 30th/31st every month. The exception is upon registration; you get a valid membership from the day you sign up, and after that you start paying for full calendar months.
Pre-paid cash memberships
- Pre-paid cash memberships do not renew automatically.
- You pay for 1 month, from date to date (for example: 14.11-14.12), and the membership is automatically terminated after the last valid day.
What do I pay for when I sign up?
- For memberships with a monthly direct debit, you pay for the remaining days of the current month, the entire next month and a registration fee of 50 NOK when you buy a membership.
- After this, you'll receive a monthly invoice with a payment due date of the 20th, where you'll pay for the next month. This will continue until you physically cancel the membership. See more information below.
For example: you buy a membership in mid-August. You then pay for the remaining days of August + the whole of September + 50 NOK in registration fee. The 20th of September you'll pay for October month.
- If you have chosen the most affordable membership with a fixed term, membership at your University's sports association is included in the price (this applies to NTNU-students and employees, or for students at DMMH college). You’ll also receive an additional invoice of NOK 50 each year, in January. This sports contingent goes directly to the sports associations of the Universities we collaborate with (NTNUI, DMMHI and NTNU BIL).
- Please note! If you don't pay the annual sports contingency, your membership will be transferred to a membership contract with a higher monthly price (e.g. our memberships without a fixed term). A condition for the most affordable membership is that you agree to support the sport association.
Pre-paid cash memberships
- If you have chosen a pre-paid cahs membership, the entire amount for the chosen period is paid in one transaction when registering.
How do I pay for my membership after signing up?
Monthly memberships with a direct debit (AvtaleGiro)
- You pay the first installment by registering online or at one of our staffed receptions.
- If you have a Norwegian bank account and are 18 years or older, our memberships can be paid via a monthly direct debit (AvtaleGiro).
- You sign up and approve a direct debit (AvtaleGiro) in the final steps of the payment process.
- You can also approve a direct debit payment at a later point by clicking the button "Approve direct debit" on My Page.
- If you do not approve a direct debit payment, you'll receive an invoice every month, with an invoice fee of 40 NOK.
- See further down the page for FAQ about direct debit (AvtaleGiro).
Pre-paid cash memberships
- With pre-paid cash memberships, the entire amount for the chosen period is paid in one transaction when registering. No reimbursment or freeze is given to these types of memberships. You will not receive any more invoices or installments after you've paid for the membership.
TRENING Direct debit frequently asked questions
What is a direct debit (AvtaleGiro)?
- A direct debit (AvtaleGiro) is a payment agreement between you and your bank.
- With a direct debit you'll be automatically withdrawn for the membership payment every month from your bank account. The payment due date is the 20th of each month.
- To set up a direct debit you need to have a Norwegian bank account and must be 18 years old or older.
How do I set up a direct debit (AvtaleGiro)?
- The fastest way to set up a direct debit is when you buy a gym membership online.
- Please have your bankID available, and remember to set a high enough withdrawal limit. We recommend a withdrawal limit of 2-3000 NOK, so that you have the opportunity to add additional products later without receiving an additional invoice for this. Sit only deducts the agreed amount every month.
- If you want to set up the direct debit after you've purchased the membership, this can be done via My page and by clicking the button "Approve direct debit". When you've entered your account details it will take approx. 3 working days before the direct debit is activated.
- You can also set up the direct debit via your online banking service. This can be done when you receive your first invoice. Fill in the KID-number and Sit Trening's account number stated on your invoice.
- If you need help setting up a direct debit (AvtaleGiro), look at your bank's frequently asked questions page or contact your bank for assistance.
Why should I set up a direct debit?
- By setting up a direct debit you'll avoid receiving an invoice fee of 40 NOK for your upcoming installments, and you do not have remember to go to the reception to pay each installment.
- If you do not want to set up a direct debit, you'll receive an invoice every month with an invoice fee of 40 NOK. Alternatively, you must pay your installments at the reception BEFORE the invoices are produced (approx. 14 days before the due date, which is the 20th of each month).
Which date is the monthly amount deducted?
- The payment due date is the 20th of each month.
- You then pay for the upcoming month. So, for example on the 20th of October you'll pay for the period; 1st of November until 30th of November.
Why do I receive an invoice fee when I have set up a direct debit?
- You have set up the payment agreement to close to the due date / deduction date.
- Our membership system is updated every weekday with the latest status from the banking system. The direct debit authorisation must be approved when the invoicing takes place, which is 14 days before the due date, in order for you to receive the invoice as a direct debit.
- In other words, your direct debit must be set up and active no later than 14 days before the payment due date.
- The due date is the 20th, which means that the direct debit must be activated no later than the 6th for the bank to be able to treat it as a direct debit payment. It takes approx. 2-3 days from setting up the agreement until it becomes active in your bank and we receive the information.
Why isn't my direct debit activated?
You are responsible for setting up a direct debit (AvtaleGiro) and ensuring that it is active. If you have done so, there may be several reasons why the direct debit haven't been activated:
I set up a direct debit recently: it will take a few days before the payment agreement is activated.
I set up a fixed payment agreement instead of a direct debit: a fixed payment is not the same as a direct debit. By entering a fixed payment agreement, you’ll be invoiced via invoice, which includes an invoice fee.
There is already a direct debit in my online bank (for example if you have been a member earlier): if you have a direct debit with us already, a new direct debit agreement won’t be activated until the old one is deleted. Please note! Once you’ve deleted the old one, you’ll have to wait 2 days until you can create a new agreement, so that the old one doesn’t get reactivated.
Another person owns the account number I provided: for the direct debit agreement to be activated, the account owner must sign it with his/her bankID.
I have changed banks, what do I do with the direct debit?
- Create a new direct debit agreement with your new bank. The old agreement will then be deleted, and the new agreement will be linked to your membership.
Do I have to renew my direct debit membership after 12 months?
- No, the direct debit is active until you terminate it.
- The membership renews itself one month at a time after the fixed term is completed, if you haven’t asked for a termination of your membership.
I have deleted the direct debit, why do I still get an invoice for the membership?
- To terminate the membership, you must send us an e-mail to officially cancel it. See further down the page for more information.
- If you only delete the direct debit, only the monthly payment method will be removed while the membership will continue.
What happens if I forget an invoice / do not pay a deduction?
- If you have an unpaid invoice, you’ll receive a reminder by SMS with the payment info, 8 days after the due date. This is only a reminder, without a reminder fee.
- If the invoice is still unpaid 14 days after the due date, our payment provider Remind AS will send you a reminder/collection notice with a reminder fee. This can be paid using your online banking service or by using the payment portal at www.remind.no. Here you can pay with Vipps or a debit card.
- Should you have accumulated 5 outstanding invoices, we will have to terminate your membership.
Where can I find my invoice?
- Invoices are sent to you digitally via e-mail or Digipost. Please check your junk mail, as this is an automatic invoice sending and Sit Trening is not the sender.
- The final alternative is by standard post, if you've registered your full adress.
What is my KID-number? And what is Sit Trening's account number?
- You can find your KID-number on the last invoice you received. If you can’t find the agreement or the invoice please stop by one of our staffed receptions or send us and email at [email protected].
- The correct account number for Sit Trening can be found on the last invoice you received. Please note! A payment must contain the correct KID-number to be linked to your invoices.
TRENING Freeze or termination of membership
What is freeze?
- Freezing your membership is an opportunity to take a temporary break for a period without paying the ordinary membership fee.
- A membership can be frozen for whole calendar months (30 or 31 days), where you decide the start date. You can for example freeze your membership from 15th of June until 15th of July.
- The membership can be frozen from the following day or at a later date.
For example: if you want to freeze your membership from 10th of April 2021 to 10th of May 2021, you need to give us notice at least one day before: on 9th of April 2021. Your gym membership will then be frozen within the date range you’ve requested, and invoicing will be postponed by 1 month. On 9th of April 2021, the invoice and deduction have already been created for the month of April, so you will still be deducted the monthly amount on April 20th as usual, but the invoice for the following month will be postponed.
For how long can I freeze my membership?
Membership with a fixed term:
- Can be frozen for up to two (2) months during the first year of the fixed term.
- Please note that the fixed term will be moved forward as many months as you freeze.
Membership without a fixed term:
- Can be frozen one (1) month per calendar year.
Pre-paid cash memberships cannot be frozen.
If you wish a longer freezing period than 1-2 months:
- We can grant up to 1 year freeze if you can provide a valid reason (for example: exchange, placement, military service or by presenting a valid medical sertificate).
- Send an e-mail to [email protected], and attach your documentation on why you need to freeze your membership for a longer period.
- Please note! It is only possible to freeze whole months, it is not possible to freeze 6 weeks for example.
How do I freeze my membership?
Freezing a membership can be done visiting the reception at one of our staffed fitness- and sports centers, or by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. The e-mail must contain the following information:
- Your full name
- Phone number
- Period with the start date you wish to freeze your membership
We process e-mails continuously, but just must expect up to five working days before you receive a reply.
Termination – how do I terminate my membership?
You can terminate your membership by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. The e-mail must contain the following information:
- Your full name
- Phone number
- Desired date for termination, if you have the opportunity to resign later in time.
You can also show up physically at one of our staffed fitness- and sport centers, and contact the reception.
How long does the notice period last?
- All memberships, except for the pre-paid cash memberships, continue until termination of the membership is correctly registered.
- The notice period is one (1) month, starting from the first month after the termination notice was received.
For example: if you terminate your membership in May, you must also pay the invoice with a due date of 20th of May, which accounts for the month of June.
- If you have a monthly membership with a fixed term, you must be a member for minimum 12 paying months before you can terminate your contract. After the fixed term, the notice period will be 1 month. This means that if you only want to be a member for 12 months you need to terminate your membership in month 11, otherwise the membership will continue until you terminate it.
- In the event of special circumstances, we have the opportunity to terminate your membership with a fixed term; for example if you are moving to another part of the country, finished your studies etc. You must be able to present valid documentation of this.
TRENING Code of conduct
- Members, visitors, and members of staff should at all times display mutual respect for each other.
- You must respect the rights of other adult members when taking photos or video in our facilities. You are not allowed to intentionally take photos or videos of others without their consent. You will be requested to delete them if challenged.
- Only Sit staff is allowed to instruct or train members in our fitness and sports centers.
- Please ensure that you tidy after yourself and put equipment back after use.
- Please wipe down gymnasium equipment after use.
- Wear clean shoes. Training in socks is allowed, but for hygienic reasons it is not allowed to train barefoot in our training facilites.
- Appropriate clean exercise clothing and shoes must be worn whilst exercising. We encourage members to wear a t-shirt/singlet that covers the abdomen and back. Exercising in sports bras or bare upper body is not allowed. Feel fre to bring a towel.
- You may only use water-based handball adhesives or spray adhesives in our sports halls.
Lockers and forgotten belongings
- Our lockers may only be used to keep your belongings during your workout in the day/evening. All lockers will be emptied after closing time. Any belongings will be removed and kept in the reception area.
- You can use a private lock or your membership card (only at Gløshaugen sports centre) to lock in your belongings.
- Forgotten belongings will be emptied every Friday. Valuables are stored for longer, contact the reception if you miss something.
TRENING how to book
Book and confirm – group exercise classes
- You can pre-book classes 48 hours in advance.
For example: if the class you want to attend is on Tuesday 3.15pm, you can pre-book this class on Sunday from 3.15pm.
- When you arrive: register your card at the reception and the booking terminal.
- You will then receive a receipt.
- Bring this with you to the instructor.
- You have to collect your receipt no later than 5 minutes before the class begins. After this you lose your place and get a "not met" dot.
- Cancelling must be done no later than 60 minutes before the class/session begins.
- If you cancel after the 60-minute mark, you'll receive a "not met" dot.
- If you are on the waiting list, but don't have the opportunity to attend the class on short notice, you must cancel your booking beforehand. The 60-minute mark also applies here.
- If a class is fully booked, you can put yourself on the waiting list.
- If someone cancels and a spot becomes available, you will receive an SMS.
- Those who have a booking must show up for the class no later than 5 minutes before and confirm their place.
- If someone with a booking does not show up or is late, this place will go to the first person on the waiting list.
- This means that you can get a spot up to 5 minutes before the time you want to attend.
- If you have not been given a place in advance, but still want to be on the waiting list:
- Arrive at the center no later than 10 minutes before the class starts and register your card in the booking terminal, to confirm the waiting list spot.
- You will then receive an SMS 5 minutes before the class starts if someone else does not show up and their place becomes available.
- If you do not intend to come by the center and hope for a place, you must unsubscribe from the waiting list no later than 60 minutes before the class starts.
"Not met" – the dot system
- If you book a class, but you don't participate or forget to confirm your booking, you get a "not met" dot.
- You need to confirm your booking no later than 5 minutes before the class starts in order to avoid a "not met" dot.
- If you cancel your booking less than 60 minutes before your booking start, you will receive a "not met" dot.
- If you receive 3 dots in 30 days (1 month), you will be excluded from our online booking system until the first dot is older than 30 days.
- If you are excluded you can still book a class; either through our booking terminals or by contacting the reception.
- The "not met" rules applies for all types of booking; group exercise classes, PT-intro or squash/sports halls.
Book sports halls or squash courts
- The sports halls are free to book. You need to pay 25,- to rent a squash court for 30 minutes, this applies to both members and non-members. This is paid at the sports center.
- You can book the halls and courts 2 days in advance, from 9pm.
- Max. three 30-minute slots per day, per member.
- Cancelling must be done no later than 60 minutes before the class/session begins. If you cancel after the 60-minute mark, you'll receive a "not met" dot.
- If you receive 3 dots in 30 days (1 month), you will be excluded from our online booking system until the first dot is older than 30 days. If you are excluded you can still book a hall or court; contact the reception at Dragvoll sports center.
- Registration and payment must be made at the reception no later than 5 minutes before the session starts. If you do not show up, the time can be allocated to others.
- Everyone who are attending the session must have a membership with Sit, or buy a daily pass.
We want all our members to be part of a safe and doping-free environment. The points below apply to everyone who buys a membership, daily pass or guest pass with regards to campaign periods.
- Members of our fitness and sports centers are subject to the doping rules of Antidoping Norway and the programme for “safe and doping-free gyms”.
- You may not bring, use or be under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol in any of our training facilities.
- You will be denied access to our fitness and sports centers if you are intoxicated.