Here you will find answers for all your questions – everything from membership types and access to the fitness studios to direct debit (AvtaleGiro) and termination/freeze.
Who can buy a membership at Sit Trening?
- All students who have paid the semester fee to a student welfare organisation in Norway.
- Employees at educational institutions affiliated with Sit, in addition to employees at SINTEF.
- Alumni who have had a gym membership with us the previous year/semester.
- Partner/spouse of a student/employee who has an active gym membership with us.
What's the age limit for becoming a member?
- You have to be 16 years old or older to buy one of our memberships.
- If you are between 13 and 16 years old, you can access the gyms by buying an external daily pass.
Can I get a free trial?
- At the beginning of each semester we offer free trials. This means you can visit us for free in August, September and January. One free trial per person only.
- If you want to try out our training offer outside these campaign periods, we recommend buying a daily pass for 100 NOK for students or 150 NOK for others. Contact one of our receptions if this is something you’d like to buy.
How do I get access to the training facilities?
- To access our training facilities you need to have an active gym membership with us.
- Employees and students at NTNU can use their NTNU-card to access the fitness and sports centers. All other members get their own Sit-membership card.
- Your membership card must be activitated the first time you visit one of our facilities. This can be done at one of our staffed fitness and sports centers. Bring your card and contact the receptionist when you arrive.
- At each visit, you need to tap your card on the card reader in the reception area, or at the front door at our "no-frills" fitness studios.
- If you lose or damage the card, it will be blocked. We activate new NTNU-cards for free, while there is a fee of 100 NOK for replacing a lost or damaged Sit-membership card.
What happens if I lend my membership card to others?
- Your card and membership are personal, and can't be used by others.
- If the membership card is misused, your membership will be suspended for 14 days. If you want to exercise during this period, you must buy a daily pass for each time. To reactivate your membership after 14 days, you’ll have to pay a fee of 100 NOK.
I forgot my membership card; can I work out anyways?
- Yes, you can access the fitness and sports centres with a reception if you have proof of ID with you.
- If you forget your membership card more than two times in a row, you must buy a daily pass the third time in order to access the training facilities.
How do I become a member?
- The easiest way to become a member is by creating a user on sit.no and by clicking the button "buy gym membership" and select the membership you want.
- Follow the instructions on this page.
What is the difference between monthly paid and pre-paid cash memberships?
We offer monthly (direct debit) memberships, with and without a fixed term. As well as a limited amount of pre-paid cash memberships. Please see the prices for our memberships here.
Monthly direct debit (AvtaleGiro) with/without a fixed term
- The monthly memberships are based upon a direct debit, also known as AvtaleGiro, as a payment method. This means that an invoice automatically will be sent to you or through your direct debit contract at your bank once a month.
- The monthly memberships will automatically renew itself every month, until you actively terminate your membership. Read more about termination of memberships further down the page.
- Monthly memberships are valid throughout entire calendar months, from the 1st and until the 30th/31st every month. The exception is upon registration; you get a valid membership from the day you sign up, and after that you start paying for full calendar months.
- These memberships are like subscriptions and will run until you cancel them.
Pre-paid cash memberships
- Pre-paid cash memberships do not renew automatically.
- You pay for 1 month, from date to date (for example: 14.11-14.12), and the membership is automatically terminated after the last valid day.
What do I pay for when I sign up?
- For memberships with a monthly direct debit, you pay for the remaining days of the current month, the entire next month and a registration fee of 50 NOK when you buy a membership.
- After this, you'll receive a monthly invoice with a payment due date of the 20th, where you'll pay for the next month. This will continue until you physically cancel the membership. See more information below.
For example: you buy a membership in mid-August. You then pay for the remaining days of August + the whole of September + 50 NOK in registration fee. The 20th of September you'll pay for October month.
- If you have chosen the most affordable membership with a fixed term, membership at your University's sports association is included in the price (this applies to NTNU-students and employees, or for students at DMMH college). You’ll also receive an additional invoice of NOK 50 each year, in January. This sports contingent goes directly to the sports associations of the Universities we collaborate with (NTNUI, DMMHI and NTNU BIL).
- Please note! If you don't pay the annual sports contingency, your membership will be transferred to a membership contract with a higher monthly price (e.g. our memberships without a fixed term). A condition for the most affordable membership is that you agree to support the sport association.
Pre-paid cash memberships
- If you have chosen a pre-paid cahs membership, the entire amount for the chosen period is paid in one transaction when registering.
How do I pay for my membership after signing up?
Monthly memberships with a direct debit (AvtaleGiro)
- You pay the first installment by registering online or at one of our staffed receptions. The first installment is paid by your preferred card.
- If you have a Norwegian bank account and are 18 years or older, our memberships can be paid via a monthly direct debit (AvtaleGiro).
- You sign up and approve a direct debit (AvtaleGiro) after finishing the first installment.
- You can also approve a direct debit payment at a later point by clicking the button "Approve direct debit" on My Page.
- If you do not approve a direct debit payment, you'll receive an invoice every month, with an invoice fee of 40 NOK.
- See further down the page for FAQ about direct debit (AvtaleGiro).
Pre-paid cash memberships
- With pre-paid cash memberships, the entire amount for the chosen period is paid in one transaction when registering.
- No reimbursment or freeze is given to these types of memberships. You will not receive any more invoices or installments after you've paid for the membership.
What is a direct debit (AvtaleGiro)?
- A direct debit (AvtaleGiro) is a payment agreement between you and your bank.
- With a direct debit you'll be automatically withdrawn for the membership payment every month from your bank account. The payment due date is the 20th of each month.
- To set up a direct debit you need to have a Norwegian bank account and must be 18 years old or older.
How do I set up a direct debit (AvtaleGiro)?
- The fastest way to set up a direct debit is when you buy a gym membership online.
- Please have your bankID available, and remember to set a high enough withdrawal limit. We recommend a withdrawal limit of 2-3000 NOK, so that you have the opportunity to add additional products later without receiving an additional invoice for this. Sit only deducts the agreed amount every month.
- If you want to set up the direct debit after you've purchased the membership, this can be done via My page and by clicking the button "Approve direct debit". When you've entered your account details it will take approx. 3 working days before the direct debit is activated.
- You can also set up the direct debit via your online banking service. This can be done when you receive your first invoice. Fill in the KID-number and Sit Trening's account number stated on your invoice.
- If you need help setting up a direct debit (AvtaleGiro), look at your bank's frequently asked questions page or contact your bank for assistance.
Why should I set up a direct debit?
- By setting up a direct debit you'll avoid receiving an invoice fee of 40 NOK for your upcoming installments, and you do not have remember to go to the reception to pay each installment.
- If you do not want to set up a direct debit, you'll receive an invoice every month with an invoice fee of 40 NOK. Alternatively, you must pay your installments at the reception BEFORE the invoices are produced (approx. 14 days before the due date, which is the 20th of each month).
Which date is the monthly amount deducted?
- The payment due date is the 20th of each month.
- You then pay for the upcoming month. So, for example on the 20th of October you'll pay for the period; 1st of November until 30th of November.
Why do I receive an invoice fee when I have set up a direct debit?
- You have set up the payment agreement to close to the due date / deduction date.
- Our membership system is updated every weekday with the latest status from the banking system. The direct debit authorisation must be approved when the invoicing takes place, which is 14 days before the due date, in order for you to receive the invoice as a direct debit.
- In other words, your direct debit must be set up and active no later than 14 days before the payment due date.
- The due date is the 20th, which means that the direct debit must be activated no later than the 6th for the bank to be able to treat it as a direct debit payment. It takes approx. 2-3 days from setting up the agreement until it becomes active in your bank and we receive the information.
Why isn't my direct debit activated?
You are responsible for setting up a direct debit (AvtaleGiro) and ensuring that it is active. If you have done so, there may be several reasons why the direct debit haven't been activated:
I set up a direct debit recently: it will take a few days before the payment agreement is activated.
I set up a fixed payment agreement instead of a direct debit: a fixed payment is not the same as a direct debit. By entering a fixed payment agreement, you’ll be invoiced via invoice, which includes an invoice fee.
There is already a direct debit in my online bank (for example if you have been a member earlier): if you have a direct debit with us already, a new direct debit agreement won’t be activated until the old one is deleted. Please note! Once you’ve deleted the old one, you’ll have to wait 2 days until you can create a new agreement, so that the old one doesn’t get reactivated.
Another person owns the account number I provided: for the direct debit agreement to be activated, the account owner must sign it with his/her bankID.
I have changed banks, what do I do with the direct debit?
- Create a new direct debit agreement with your new bank. The old agreement will then be deleted, and the new agreement will be linked to your membership.
Do I have to renew my direct debit membership after 12 months?
- No, the direct debit is active until you terminate it.
- The membership renews itself one month at a time after the fixed term is completed, if you haven’t asked for a termination of your membership.
I have deleted the direct debit, why do I still get an invoice for the membership?
- To terminate the membership, you must send us an e-mail to officially cancel it. See further down the page for more information.
- If you only delete the direct debit, only the monthly payment method will be removed while the membership will continue.
What happens if I forget an invoice / do not pay a deduction?
- If you have an unpaid invoice, you’ll receive a reminder by SMS with the payment info, 8 days after the due date. This is only a reminder, without a reminder fee.
- If the invoice is still unpaid 14 days after the due date, our payment provider Remind AS will send you a reminder/collection notice with a reminder fee. This can be paid using your online banking service or by using the payment portal at www.remind.no. Here you can pay with Vipps or a debit card.
- Should you have accumulated 5 outstanding invoices, we will have to terminate your membership.
Where can I find my invoice?
- Invoices are sent to you digitally via e-mail or Digipost. Please check your junk mail, as this is an automatic invoice sending and Sit Trening is not the sender.
- The final alternative is by standard post, if you've registered your full adress.
What is my KID-number? And what is Sit Trening's account number?
- You can find your KID-number on the last invoice you received. If you can’t find the agreement or the invoice please stop by one of our staffed receptions or send us and email at [email protected].
- The correct account number for Sit Trening can be found on the last invoice you received. Please note! A payment must contain the correct KID-number to be linked to your invoices.
What is freeze?
- Freezing your membership is an opportunity to take a temporary break for a period without paying the ordinary membership fee.
- A membership can be frozen for whole calendar months (30 or 31 days), where you decide the start date. You can for example freeze your membership from 15th of June until 15th of July.
- The membership can be frozen from the following day or at a later date.
For example: if you want to freeze your membership from 10th of April 2021 to 10th of May 2021, you need to give us notice at least one day before: on 9th of April 2021. Your gym membership will then be frozen within the date range you’ve requested, and invoicing will be postponed by 1 month. On 9th of April 2021, the invoice and deduction have already been created for the month of April, so you will still be deducted the monthly amount on April 20th as usual, but the invoice for the following month will be postponed.
For how long can I freeze my membership?
Membership with a fixed term:
- Can be frozen for up to two (2) months during the first year of the fixed term.
- Please note that the fixed term will be moved forward as many months as you freeze.
Membership without a fixed term:
- Can be frozen one (1) month per calendar year.
Pre-paid cash memberships cannot be frozen.
If you wish a longer freezing period than 1-2 months:
- We can grant up to 1 year freeze if you can provide a valid reason (for example: exchange, placement, military service or by presenting a valid medical sertificate).
- Send an e-mail to [email protected], and attach your documentation on why you need to freeze your membership for a longer period.
- Please note! It is only possible to freeze whole months, it is not possible to freeze 6 weeks for example.
How do I freeze my membership?
Freezing a membership can be done visiting the reception at one of our staffed fitness- and sports centers, or by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. The e-mail must contain the following information:
- Your full name
- Phone number
- Period with the start date you wish to freeze your membership
We process e-mails continuously, but just must expect up to five working days before you receive a reply.
Termination – how do I terminate my membership?
You can terminate your membership by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. The e-mail must contain the following information:
- Your full name
- Phone number
- Desired date for termination, if you have the opportunity to resign later in time.
You can also show up physically at one of our staffed fitness- and sport centers, and contact the reception.
How long does the notice period last?
- All memberships, except for the pre-paid cash memberships, continue until termination of the membership is correctly registered.
- The notice period is one (1) month, starting from the first month after the termination notice was received.
For example: if you terminate your membership in May, you must also pay the invoice with a due date of 20th of May, which accounts for the month of June.
- If you have a monthly membership with a fixed term, you must be a member for minimum 12 paying months before you can terminate your contract. After the fixed term, the notice period will be 1 month. This means that if you only want to be a member for 12 months you need to terminate your membership in month 11, otherwise the membership will continue until you terminate it.
- In the event of special circumstances, we have the opportunity to terminate your membership with a fixed term; for example if you are moving to another part of the country, finished your studies etc. You must be able to present valid documentation of this.