Here is an overview of changes to our services and routines related to the Covid-19 outbreak.
At Sit, we're dedicated to still being there for our tenants, while at the same time doing what we can to help slow down the spreading of the coronavirus. This has led to some services being reduced or temporarily disabled, while new ones have appeared elsewhere.
- The cleaning and maintenance departments are working as usual, so you will still receive help should something happen in your room or apartment during this time period. We will not be doing the weekly cleaning visits while the pandemic lasts. However, cleaning of all surfaces is an important part of fighting this virus, and we therefore strongly encourage everyone to make extra sure to clean both often and thoroughly. Cleaning inspections when moving out are performed as usual.
- If we're scheduled to visit a room or apartment, we will always contact you in advance to find out if anyone in the household is quarantined. If that is the case, we will try to find a good way to solve the task at hand together. We will contact you by telephone or email, so keep an eye on those (and make sure you've stated the correct email and phone number) if you've asked for assistance from us.
- If you're an international student that has bee nencouraged to return to your home country, please contact us to find out what options are available to you.
- Sit offers counselling by phone or video chat if you need someone to talk to. Find out more by visiting www.sit.no/en/health/counseling
- To keep up with updates on the various services from Sit aimed at those of you who aer more or less confined to your homes, like talks with our counsellors, working out in your own home, wake-up services, and more, visit
Rent and period of notice
Sit is the welfare organisation for all students in Gjøvik, Ålesund and Trondheim. Therefore we are focused on finding measures that will benefit as many of our students as possible during this challenging time. Reducing the rent or period of notice for those with housing through Sit would help a few students at the cost of many, since all of Sit's income is directed back at our students in the form of free or subsidized welfare services, such as dental care refund, psychologist, nurse, courses, etc.
Sit will therefore as of now not offer any reduction in rent or shortening of the period of notice. Instead we are working with all the other student welfare organizations in the country and the National Union of Students in Norway to make the government come forward with good, broad measures that can help all students who are going through a rough time right now.
Here is information on the coronavirus and what you should do, from the Norwegian Instutite of Public Health: