Student Kindergarten is a welfare service to students who pay semester fee to Sit. The kindergartens are a student political measure that helps ensure equal access to education. If you live in another municipality, you may still use our kindergartens and studentoriented offers.
Our staff know the special needs of student parents. Through dialogue we find practical solutions to make your academic life easier. Students from all over the world choose Sit kindergartens, so your child will be part of an international community. You will meet other student parents, and have the opportunity to join a community where everyone is in the same situation.
The teachers in kindergarten provides for learning environments with challenges. This awakens the child's curiosity and desire to seek knowledge.
Attending the kindergarten, your child will experience skills in mathematics, logic, physics, arts and crafts, engineering, drama, music, philosophy and literature.
Your child will also learn the principals of democracy through experiencing friendship, helpfulness, collaboration and develop skills in how to comunicate respectfully with other children and adults.
Services tailored to student parents
We have services suited for student parents, unlike ordinary kindergartens.
- Children under the age of 1 year can attend kindergarten.
- If you need more time to study, your child can use the cultural workshop in the evenings and on Saturdays. If your child has a place in one of our kindergartens, we can take your child to the cultural workshop.
- If your child is sick on the day of your exam, we may help you.
- Do you have practice longer than the opening hours in the kindergarten? We may assist with extended opening hours.
- English class - additional language stimulation for children aged 3–6 years
During the kindergarten year 2017/2018 the kindergartens will be closed the following dates due to planning:
- 11 August 2017
- 12 October 2017
- 13 October 2017
- 02 January 2018
- 16 March 2018