Your location is set to .
Change location: Trondheim Gjøvik Ålesund

Moving, switching, subletting

Moving out

Information about terminating your lease and moving out

Switching room or apartment

If you want to move to another shared kitchen or apartment, you apply at Please note that you must apply even if you just want to switch to another room in your shared kitchen. You have to be up to date on all payments before you can switch, but you do not have to pay a new deposit. If there is a larger deposit where you move, you have to pay the difference.


You can sublease your housing to another student attending an educational institution collaborating with Sit if you are serving compulsory military service i Norge? or have to move to another city or country in connection with your studies. Subleasing means that you let another student live in your room or apartment, while you remain the contract holder and accountable should anything happen during the subleasing period. For more information about subleasing, please contact Sit Bolig.

Please note that you can not sublet you room or apartment to someone who has already finished their prescribed time for their master's degree.

Summer leasing

Summer leasing works in the same way as subleasing, with two exceptions: It is only allowed between 1 June and 30 August, and you can also lease to students attending an academy or a university that is not connected with Sit. For more information about summer leasing, please contact Sit Bolig.


We wish to make it easy for friends to move in together, in the same shared kitchen.

Recommending a friend to your shared kitchen

If a room in your shared kitchen becomes available, and you wish to have a friend move in, you do the following:

  • Send us an email with a recommendation of your friend
  • Make sure your friend submits an application for housing at, supplying the address of your shared kitchen in the commentary field.
  • The recommendation must be sent before or at the same time as the tenant moving out submits his or her termination of lease.

For rooms that become available between 1 June and 15 September, the recommendation, termination of lease and a complete application must be submitted to us no later than 15 May.

A housing applicant that has been recommended is given priority for that specific room. Please note that there may be circumstances where we are unable to take the recommendation into account.

You can only recommend someone for a private room, not for apartments.

Living with friends

If you and one or more of your friends wish to move in together, you can do the following:

  • Submit separate applications on
  • In the comment field you name the person(s) you wish to share with
  • Specify if you only wish an offer for housing if you can move in together, or if you also wish to receive an offer separately

Please note that it can take quite a while for multiple rooms in the same shared kitchen becomes available. To ensure you get an offer for housing, we highly recommend that you accept the first offer you're given, even if it is not for a place you can share with your friends. All of you can then submit new applications, using the method described above.