Being a student can be demanding at times. Examples of when we recommend contacting us include when you:
- feel you are alone and stuck with difficult thoughts
- spend a lot of time worrying and find it difficult to stop the racing thoughts
- struggle to fall asleep because the brooding takes over
- feel that you are never good enough
- get anxious about taking the bus or attending a lecture
- have experienced something difficult earlier in your life that has a negative impact on your everyday life
- are critical of yourself in interactions with others and often feel like a nuisance
- are experiencing a lot of pressure and are unsure whether you can tackle it
If you are unsure what help you need, talking to a counsellor can be a good place to start. The student counselling service can help you to find the best path forward.
You will meet a multidisciplinary team of therapists. We have extensive experience helping students and utilise different approaches to help you with your problems.