Student life adviser

Student life adviser

Our student life advisers are here for you, whenever you need someone to talk to. You can talk to them about everything – both ups and downs of being a student.

Our service

Being a student is an exciting period. However, as a student you will sometimes experience more challenging periods that can take a stroll on how you’re feeling – just keep in mind that this is completely normal!

Our student life advisers are here for you, whenever you need someone to talk to. The have long experience and good knowledge of what being a student entail. With us, you will meet skilled advisers and public health nurses who will listen, give you room to reflect and offer advice if you want it. Everything you will share with us will remain confidental, and if we see that there is a need for further follow-ups, we will discuss this with you and can help you to get in touch with other, suitable health services.

You can meet our advisers physically on campus, digitally or outdoors for a walk-and-talk.

Talk to us about whatever’s on your mind. Common themes are:

  • Structure in your daily life
  • Making difficult decisions
  • Life as a new student
  • Friendship and love
  • Negative thoughts, worries or depression
  • Insomnia
  • Stress
  • Loneliness
  • Alcohol or other drug habits
Book an appointment

Book appointment 

Book one appointment at a time – we will talk about your needs and can give you advice if you need more appointments or other treatment.

This service is free for all students who have paid their tuition fee. 

Student Support Line

Do you need to talk to someone immediately?

Call us on: +47 485 04 650. 

Opening hours: weekdays, 10.00am – 12.00pm.



E-mail us

(Do not provide any sensitive information via e-mail). 

Image: Sit

We offer courses which can help you master the many aspects of being a student. Check out our available courses and sign up!

Image: Sit

Do you have any questions about your sexual health? Talk to one our experienced public health nurses. Read more and book an appointment here. 

Student life adviser

In need of emergency care?

Sit doesn’t offer any emergency services. It’s your GP or GP office that is your main contact with the Norwegian health service. It is recommended that you register with a GP in the town you’ll stay the most.

Who should I contact?

  • Call the emergency room on 116 117 when the GP is unavailable, and the help cannot wait.
  • Call 113 in the event of an accident or serious incident.
  • Nidaros DPS or Tiller DPS are outpatient emergency teams that offer emergency mental health care for people over 18 years of age.

Where can I find you?

You will meet us at NTNU's campus Dragvoll, Kalvskinnet and Gløshaugen as well as at Dronning Mauds Minne University College and BI.

We're located here during the week:

  • NTNU Dragvoll: Building 2, level 3, room 2334 (Mazemap)
  • NTNU Kalvskinnet: Lysholm, room U1.074 (Mazemap)
  • NTNU Gløshaugen: Gamle Kjemi, a the end of Stripa, up the stairs at The Student Centre (Mazemap)
  • DMMH: Room 225
  • BI: Room 570.1

You can also meet us outdoors for a walk-and-talk or digitally either via a video call or phone call. You can choose these options when booking an appointment.

How do I cancel my appointment?

If you are prevented from attending your appointment, it is important that you cancel it as soon as possible, so that another student can have the opportunity to meet with a student life adviser. You can easily cancel your class by clicking on the link you receive when registering.

The Student Support Line

If you need someone to talk to straight away, you can call our Student Support Line. Here you will meet a team of friendly Student Life advisers who will listen to your thoughts and concerns.

The Student Support Line is open during the weekdays, from 10am until 12pm. Call us on: +47 485 04 650.


Student priest og student humanist

The student priests and student humanist also have a counselling offer for all students, no matter your beliefs or outlook on life. They have a duty of confidentiality and the service is free.

You can get in touch with them via e-mail:

I’m an exchange student, how can I get help?

Contact the local health service at the place you’re studying. Are you a member of ANSA? Read more about their service on their web-pages.

Expand map
Hide map

Filter map