Who can buy a membership at Sit Trening?
- All students who have paid the semester fee to a student welfare organisation in Norway.
- Employees at educational institutions affiliated with Sit, in addition to employees at SINTEF.
- Alumni who have had a gym membership with us the previous year/semester.
- Partner/spouse of a student/employee who has an active gym membership with us.
What's the age limit for becoming a member?
- You have to be 16 years old or older to buy one of our memberships.
- If you are between 13 and 16 years old, you can access the gyms by buying an external daily pass.
Can I get a free trial?
- At the beginning of each semester we offer free trials. This means you can visit us for free in August, September and January. One free trial per person only.
- If you want to try out our training offer outside these campaign periods, we recommend buying a daily pass for 100 NOK for students or 150 NOK for others. Contact one of our receptions if this is something you’d like to buy.
How do I get access to the training facilities?
- To access our training facilities you need to have an active gym membership with us.
- Employees and students at NTNU can use their NTNU-card to access the fitness and sports centers. All other members get their own Sit-membership card.
- Your membership card must be activitated the first time you visit one of our facilities. This can be done at one of our staffed fitness and sports centers. Bring your card and contact the receptionist when you arrive.
- At each visit, you need to tap your card on the card reader in the reception area, or at the front door at our "no-frills" fitness studios.
- If you lose or damage the card, it will be blocked. We activate new NTNU-cards for free, while there is a fee of 100 NOK for replacing a lost or damaged Sit-membership card.
What happens if I lend my membership card to others?
- Your card and membership are personal, and can't be used by others.
- If the membership card is misused, your membership will be suspended for 14 days. If you want to exercise during this period, you must buy a daily pass for each time. To reactivate your membership after 14 days, you’ll have to pay a fee of 100 NOK.
I forgot my membership card; can I work out anyways?
- Yes, you can access the fitness and sports centres with a reception if you have proof of ID with you.
- If you forget your membership card more than two times in a row, you must buy a daily pass the third time in order to access the training facilities.