Termination and moving out
Mandatory move-out check
To make sure that you know what Sit expects from cleaning before moving out, we carry out a mandatory move-out check with you. This check is free and is performed on weekdays between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. You book this check in "My page" at bolig.sit.no when you terminate your contract.
This is how a move-out check takes place
- You clean the housing before we arrive - place the belongings in the middle of the room so that we can easily check the cleaning. (If you are already ready to move out, you can move out your belongings in advance).
- We review your housing and associated common areas together and agree on what is good and if anything needs to be improved.
- After the move-out check, you will receive a written report by e-mail stating whether everything is in order or if something needs to be corrected.
- If something is not approved, you get the opportunity to correct it before moving out. This may mean that you do not have to pay for Sit to carry out extra cleaning after you have moved out.
- If the cleaning of the housing has been approved and you are ready to move out, you can deliver the key to the cleaner or you can choose to deposit them in the locked mailbox labeled "Vaktmester" at your student village by the end of tyour contract.
Cleaning check after moving out
After you have moved out of your housing, Sit will carry out a cleaning check of the dormitory and common areas/apartment. If it has not been properly cleaned (ref. report from move-out check), Sit will carry out the necessary cleaning, and you who have moved out will be charged for this, according to the current price list.