Sit is organized into three executive devices: Sit Housing, Sit Cafe and Sit Welfare, in addition to shared administrative services. We also have several subsidiaries and associated companies.
- Customer satisfaction: 71 points out of 100 possible
- Employees satisfaction: 84 points out of 100 possible
- Employees: 350
- Turnover: 550 million per year
- Total assets: 3,2 billion
- Sports: 7 sport centers, 14.000 members
- Kindergarten: 3 kindergartens, 280 children
- Healthcare: medical center, psychosocial health center, health reimbursement, mastery courses, preventative health work
- Student Services: courses, student culture houses, counseling and financial support
- Operations department: cleaning, janitors, mechanics
- Market and property: rental
- Project and development: rehabilitation and new construction
- 6400 people staying with us
- 14 canteens
- 2 kiosks
- 4 coffee shops
- 1 food bar
- Seating for 4900 people
Management, finance, HR, IT and communication and marketing department.
Subsidiaries and associated companies
- Studentmediene i Trondheim AS (50%): Under Dusken, radio and TV
- SiT Eierselskap AS (holding company) owns:
- SiT Tapir AS, (real estate company) owns Nardoveien 12 og 14.
- Parkbygget AS, (real estate company) owns industrial section of Innherredsveien 16.
- SiT Geovarme AS, operates geothermal central at Moholt.
Sit is one of the student welfare organizations in Norway. Student welfare is a distinctive organizational form with elements of:
- Management: a law governing our business, all colleges and universities should be attached to a welfare organization, and students are required to pay tuition.
- Association: students have a majority on the board.
- Business: large parts of the business operate on a commercial basis, where revenues come from customers.
We have no owners, and the board is our highest authority. The board consists of representatives chosen by the students with a majority vote, representatives from the major educational institutions, and representatives elected by the employees. In addition, the Ministry of Education has supervision of our business.